The Grand Prix of Indianapolis Trophy Design Contest is your chance to create an iconic piece of Indianapolis Motor Speedway tradition. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is asking you, the fans, to help us design the trophy for our new event in 2014, the Grand Prix of Indianapolis. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a talented individual to create a trophy that will stand next to other iconic trophies from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for years to come.
The winning designer will receive an invitation to appear and be recognized at the official unveiling for the new Grand Prix of Indianapolis Trophy in early February. The winning designer also will receive one replica of the new Grand Prix of Indianapolis trophy, two suite tickets to the inaugural race Saturday, May 10, 2014 and a post-race photo opportunity with the winner of the 2014 Grand Prix of Indianapolis. To view the rules and regulations of the contest, click here.
Will your design be the best?
How Do I Enter The Contest?
Easy! First, read the guidelines for trophy creation below:
- Ideal weight of trophy should be close to 15 pounds.
- May not be more than 2 feet wide at the base.
- May not be more than 3 feet tall.
- All components of the trophy must be attached. No two-part trophies will be selected.
- This trophy should be unique to the Grand Prix of Indianapolis. No bottles of milk or other iconic items related to the Indianapolis 500, Brickyard 400 or the Red Bull Indianapolis GP.
- Be creative! The design can be any shape that you desire. It can be a cup, a plate, a bowl – anything!
Next, and this is the fun part, get to designing! Let your creativity run free! The sky is the limit!
Once you have the design completed, you’ll need to submit your concept. This can be done using the below form. You must include your first name, last name, email address (so we can contact you if you win), a brief description of your trophy and the most important part – your design. Designs can be submitted in these formats: .jpg, .gif, .png, or .pdf.
Entries will be accepted through January 18, 2014. Get to work!